Product Name: Saccharomyces Boulardii 90 Capsules
Saccharomyces Boulardii is a probiotic yeast that is able to survive stomach acid and colonises the intestinal tract. It can be used to support optimum digestive health and immune function by promoting the growth of friendly bacteria.
Saccharomyces Boulardii probiotic supplement supports a healthy and balanced intestinal tract, helps to encourage a healthy balance of gut flora (bowel bacteria) and supports a balanced inflammatory response.
Saccharomyces boulardii has also been shown to support normal gastrointestinal function during a disruption to gut flora balance, such as when travelling abroad where sanitation, food and water supply may not be ideal.
Saccharomyces Boulardii (equivalent to 5 billion cfu) 250mg
Olive Leaf Extract 10mg 15:1 (equivalent to 150mg olive leaf)
Biotin 8μg (16% NRV*)
Vitamin D3 2.5μg (50% NRV*)
Benefits / Uses:
• Massive 5 Billion CFU Saccharomyces Boulardii per capsule.
• Supports a healthy and balanced intestinal tract
• Helps to encourage a healthy balance of gut flora (bowel bacteria)
• Supports a balanced inflammatory response and immune support.
• A non-systemic / non-colonising gut-friendly yeast.
• Supports energy-yielding metabolism.
Direction to use:
Take 1 capsule, 2 – 3 times per day between food or as required. Take up to 6 capsules per day if required. Below are recommended dosages for specific selected situations
1. Diarrhoea, take 1 to 4 capsules depending on severity of symptoms, take again in the event of further loose stools, and up to 6 capsules per day.
2. Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), take 1 capsule, twice a day. (daily dose: 2 capsules)
3. Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) eg. Ulcerative Colitis, Diverticulitis, Crohn’s Disease; take 1 capsule, three times a day. (daily dose: 3 capsules)
4. Clostridium difficile infection, take 2 capsules, twice a day for 4 weeks. (daily dose: 4 capsules)
5. Candida Overgrowth, build up to taking 3 capsules, twice a day. (daily dose: 6 capsules)
Any supplement must not be used as substitute for a varied and balance diet and a healthy lifestyle.
If pregnant, breastfeeding OR taking any other medication please consult your doctor or healthcare professional before use.
Please discontinue this product on immediate basis if any side effect occurs and consult your doctor.
Do not exceed the stated dose unless under medical supervision
Not intended to use by person under the age of 18. Keep out of sight reach of children
Store in a cool, dry place.
Always read the label before use
Several clinical trials and experimental studies strongly suggest a place for Saccharomyces boulardii as a biotherapeutic agent for the prevention and treatment of several gastrointestinal diseases. S. boulardiimediates responses resembling the protective effects of the normal healthy gut flora. The multiple mechanisms of action of S. boulardii and its properties may explain its efficacy and beneficial effects in acute and chronic gastrointestinal diseases that have been confirmed by clinical trials. Caution should be taken in patients with risk factors for adverse events.1
In this pilot study, 8 weeks of daily supplementation with S. boulardii lowered remnant lipoprotein, a predictive biomarker and potential therapeutic target in the treatment and prevention of coronary artery disease.2
This review and meta-analysis show that S. boulardii is safe and has clear beneficial effects in children who have acute diarrhea. However, additional studies using head-to-head comparisons are needed to define the best dosage of S. boulardii for diarrhea with different causes.3